The craziest thing about the so-called “most comfortable gaming chairs” is how uncomfortable they can be.
As you might have figured out, not every chair that is marketed as the most comfortable gaming chair is, well, comfortable.
That doesn’t mean there are no comfy gaming chairs; it just means that you have to cut out all the marketing comfy BS and focus on the parts that really make a gaming chair comfortable (which is what we did).
Moreover, the most comfortable gaming chairs can be much more snug (and cheaper) than ordinary office chairs. Here’s a Reddit comment that hit the nail on the head:
Here we’ll focus on the comfortability of a gaming chair. You know what we’re talking about: the relaxing, enjoyable snugly gaming chair that envelops you for a cozy (and healthy) gaming experience.
Look at this comparison between two gaming chairs and tell me which looks more comfortable for you:
The left chair is actually one of the best selling gaming chairs. But does it look cozy to you? If you look at the one on the right (RESPAWN 110), it’s pretty obvious it’s much more comfortable to play games in.
It has a thicker seat, wider shoulders, deeper padding, more ergonomic form, and even a footrest.
Most Comfy Gaming Chair Reviews – Top 5 List
We picked the top 5 comfortable gaming chairs—the ones with ample padding and customizable settings that will keep your body relaxed and focused on the game. Our max. budget: $200 per chair.
|Comfy Chair:||#1 NOKAXUS Gaming Chair||#2 RESPAWN 110 Comfy Chair||#3 Blue Whale 8239 Chair||#4 HEALGEN Massage Chair||#5 WENSIX Racing Chair|
|Support:||+30% Thicker Seat||Low + High Back||Multi-Level Support||Lumbar Massage||Low + High Back|
|Top5er status:||Cloud-Like Comfiness||Cushioned Everywhere||Big Comfortable Chair||Comfy Massage Chair||Snuggy Racing Chair|
|Availability:|| Check Price|| Check Price|| Check Price|| Check Price|| Check Price
1. NOKAXUS Gaming Chair With +30% Thicker Chair Seat (Most Comfy Chair For Gaming)
RPG games are usually not as intensive as shooter games. Playing World of Warcraft is less intense than Call of Duty, but you’re usually playing WoW for longer periods of time.
That means you have to be smart about conserving focus and strength, and the NOKAXUS chair can help you with that.
What you need if you play games for longer periods of time is a thick and comfy seat. NOKAXUS has one thick seat; in fact, it’s more than 30% thicker than a standard gaming chair seat. You can look at how deep it is here (hope you like pink):
That low-back padding in your kidney area is another feature that makes the NOKAXUS so comfortable.
The human spine can withstand a lot, but if you’re going to be sitting to game for more than 4-5 hours, you really need low-back support. The high-back support is great for shooter games but what the NOKAXUS chair specializes in is the long-running RPG games.
All the weight of your upper body is pushing down on the spine and muscles in your lower back, and that’s where you need most of the support for marathon sessions.
This comfortable gaming chair is also made out of higher-end materials like PU leather with carbon fiber accent, and it has a sturdy base. The framework is so strong it can support a 300-pound gamer with ease.
Oh, and by the way, don’t be afraid of the pink color. The NOKAXUS is available in 6 different colors but if you do like pink, I mean really like pink, you can check out where on the list of best pink gaming chairs you can find the NOKAXUS.
The downside is the smell when you unpack it. It may be comfy, but it has a leathery smell because of the PU leather. Fortunately, it does go away in a week or two.
- Thick seat – more than 30% thicker than in regular chairs.
- Low-back and high-back support.
- High-end materials – premium PU leather.
- Best for long-hours RPG games.
- Leathery smell (goes away in a week or two).
- Can be a little uncomfy if you’re below 5’6”.
2. RESPAWN 110 (As Comfortable As Sitting On A Cloud)
RPG games are usually not that intensive as shooter games. I mean, playing World of Warcraft is less intensive as Call of Duty but you’re playing WoW for longer periods of time. That means you have to be smart about conserving focus and strength, and the RESPAWN 110 can help you with that.
What you need if you play games for longer periods of time is low-back support and arguably RESPAWN 110 has the best low-back padding. Check it out:
The ergonomics of the RESPAWN 110 chair are insane. Usually, gaming chairs designed for comfort have one main support.
If you look at the RESPAWN 110, however, you can see that it has:
- Low-Back support (for long-hour games like RPG, Strategy)
- High-Back support (for focused games like FPS, Racing)
- Side support
Unlike other gaming chairs, this one covers you from all sides and is sturdy enough to support a 275-pound gamer. AND you can pick your own color.
Pretty much every part of this relaxing gaming chair can be customized. If you want armrests a bit higher, no problem: just add an inch. If you want a little higher seat, you’ve got it!
The RESPAWN 110 is a comfortable chair that looks like most standard gaming chairs. With all the customization, deep padding and ergonomic support from all sides, it is one of the best gaming chairs overall.
- 4D armrests
- Every kind of support you can imagine.
- Sturdy and solid base.
- Everything can be customized.
- +20% thicker padding on all sides.
- Medium-end price.
3. Blue Whale Gaming Chair (All Around Comfiness)
The Blue Whale is the textbook comfortable gaming chair. It combines all the elements that make a gaming chair pleasant to sit.
The two main things to look for when choosing a comfortable gaming chair both concern the padding (or sponge, if you will). It has to be:
- High-density. We’re talking about cold-cured memory foam.
- Thickness. The thicker the better.
The simple thick and high-density sponge that you see on the Blue Whale gaming chair is the basis for a pleasant chair. What makes the Blue Whale the most comfortable gaming chair are all the additional features you can see here:
When it all comes together, you won’t really notice the lumbar pillow or the 2D armrests. You’ll just feel coziness. The Blue Whale is specifically designed as a textbook comfortable gaming chair.
It can also be used as a regular office chair if you’re not above 6’4”.
Pros and Cons of Blue Whale chair
- Thick and high-density sponge.
- Retractable footrest.
- Built to last (from the top to bottom).
- Textbook example of a comfortable gaming chair.
- Affordable price.
- Not appropriate for really tall people (6’4” or more)
- Armrests are wide but not padded.
4. HEALGEN Massage Chair For Pleasant Gaming
HEALGEN chair is generally well-known for being very comfortable. A lot of it has to do with its dense padding. That’s just the beginning though.
This ergonomically designed chair can offer even something that the Blue Whale (No. 1 pick) lacks: the padded armrests. In fact, the linkage armrests are one of the two things HEALGEN chair is famous for (the other being its coziness, of course).
HEALGEN relaxes the whole body and it takes special care for your arms. Why? Well, every action in the gaming world goes through your arm. Want to shoot an enemy? Sure, just quick scope it with your arms. Your arms need to be rested and that’s where the HEALGEN is the best. Here are some other comfy aspects as well:
The thick lumbar pillow is also equipped with a massage function. However, it really needs to be said that the massage the HEALGEN has to offer is not all that great. Sounds great but it is about mediocre at best.
The thick padding, now, that is really what the HEALGEN chair does well. Having such high-quality padding with a higher than average density does make the HEALGEN one of the most comfortable gaming chairs around:
- Padded linkage armrests.
- Hugging effect.
- Thick padding with thickened headrest.
- Bonus: Retractable footrest.
- Massage function is mediocre.
- The whole is the backrest isn’t really there to increase breathability/reduce sweating.
5. WENSIX Racing Chair Review - The Most Comfortable Standard Gaming Chair
There's not much missing with the WENSIX, and that's why it's one of the most popular picks.
It gives you both high back and low back support. This gives you both the focus to play shooter games like Call of Duty or lets you relax to play strategy games like Civilization VI.
The extensive padding of the comfortable WENSIX gaming chair is immediately visible here:
What really makes this the best comfortable gaming chair is the foam density of the padding. Usually, cheap gaming chairs will have a 'light' or less dense foam.
These just cave in and flatten quickly. The WENSIX chair has a super dense foam padding. This really adds to the comfy effect of a gaming chair.
What you need to do to get the most enjoyable position is play around with the settings.
You can adjust the height of the seat between 18.8'' and 22'', the incline and yes, even the big armrests can move up and down considerably.
All in all, WENSIX is the best $200 gaming chair for comfort.
Pros and Cons of WENSIX Gaming Chair
- High-density foam padding.
- Both high and low back support.
- Adjustable height, the incline, and even armrests.
- Hands down, best overall gaming chair for less than $200.
- You’ll need to screw a screw or two.
- Doesn't look as badass as X Rocker chairs.
Selection Criteria: How Did We Pick Those Comfy Chairs For Gaming
How comfortable are these gaming chairs and what exactly does make them so cozy? Here are a few things we looked for when making these comfiest gaming chair picks:
- Padding - How much padding does a gaming chair have? More padding usually means more comfort. X Rocker chairs are known for having deep padding. However, too much padding might be counterproductive. You don't want to be too snugly enveloped in the relaxing gaming chair because it can take your focus away from the game.
- Support - Which part of the body does a comfortable chair for gaming support best? All chairs for gaming try to cover all your body, from your feet to your head. However, they primarily support either head, high or low back. People who have problems with pains in the lower back should go for low-back supported chairs. For increased focus, however, the high back and head support chairs are the best.
- Gaming - Which chairs are best for your favorite gaming category? If you're into shooting games like FPS (and most gamers are - here are the gamer statistics), you should look for a chair with high back support (focus) and great audio settings (you want to hear every enemy step). On the other hand, strategy games and RPGs are a bit more relaxed and you should go for easy low back support for extended comfort.
Gaming chairs can be cheap, but for a comfortable one, you'll have to pay a bit more. The prices here start at about $150 and can go up to $500.
Gaming Chairz - a very comprehensive place for everything that has to do with gaming chairs. That includes all kinds of comfy gaming chairs as well as keyboards, headsets and PCs/laptops that enhance the gaming experience.
HighGround Gaming - a wonderful article on the 19 best PC gaming chairs and if you look at them closely, you'll see that some of them are very comfortable.
Ultimate Game Chair - they have an article about gaming chairs as well and introduce an exceptionally great difference between rocker-style chairs and standard gaming chairs.
Gaming Factors - it's a site that goes well beyond comfortable gaming chair but you'll find some good point about those as well.